Tuesday 27 August 2013

GOLDEN GIRLS; I HOPE YOU DANCE







GOLDEN GIRLS; I HOPE YOU DANCE

Today I appreciate my golden girls, Millie, Keshie, Ivy and Grace. These girls have not only been my friends but my sisters, soul mates and best friends. I couldn’t think of a life before them. Since I met them most of my joy has revolved around being a part of their everyday lives, sharing tidbits’ about fashion, sleepovers, pep talks, movie nights; the whole shebang….(ain’t no one fresher than my clique)

So this is me trying to let you know; that deep in my heart of hearts I appreciate you having chosen to rock this life with. Out of all gorgeous girls out there you all found me fit to be in your circle and for that I will remain eternally grateful. You bring out the best in me in ways I couldn’t have dreamt of and I hope I do the same for y’all.

There's a famous quote from Sex & The City that goes like " Maybe our girlfriends are our soul mates and men are just people whom we are meant to have fun (sex) with" couldn’t have been said any better….

Thing is growing up we eventually move on.  Some move to different cities to find themselves or chase and follow their dreams while others chose to stay put because they have already found that missing puzzle but whatever the case scenario just know that I have you in my heart wherever I go. If I had it my way y’all would only be a bus ride away but unfortunately I don’t so I have to make it known that no matter what the future holds we will always be friends.

Hopefully one day I’ll be able to get y’all together for something cute like; tea and cupcakes as we talk about our men (yep; if some of us are blessed to ever walk down that road)…our babies (pitter patter of their tiny cute feet), the glorious joys of motherhood and not so glorious moments of it, fashion, make up, sex (hot topics) and just delight in being women. I sincerely hope that happens one fine day but till then this is from me to you…a lil poem’ and the magnificent sound of Leann Wormack‘I hope you dance.

Xo Sue
P/S doesn’t forget to let you girls know you got them …………. Sistaluv#

Dear friend you changed me
You let me break out of my shell and be the woman I always knew I could be
You let me take my hair down and let the wind blow through it
You have been my go to for days when I needed strength to carry on

All this time, I was looking for this deep connection to form with some guy, when all I actually needed was your friendship
To help me get through to me so that I could one day be a good partner to the guy I found that deep connection with
I am happy to have started this journey with you
And will always be
I wish you joy’ laughter and lots of peace
But above all things I wish you love


 





Miss Millie....this girl is beautiful; all way round'
Angela Ivy; knowing you was  a highlight for 2012

started when we were younger...yet to meet a more beautiful soul

style meets friendship; love this girl'


Girls, Sex and the City and Golden Girls; because you would be my go too if we were cast for this amazing shows

 





"I Hope You Dance" Leann Wormack
I hope you never lose your sense of wonder,
You get your fill to eat but always keep that hunger,
May you never take one single breath for granted,
GOD forbid love ever leave you empty handed,
I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean,
Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens,
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance,
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance.

I hope you dance....I hope you dance.

I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance,
Never settle for the path of least resistance
Livin' might mean takin' chances but they're worth takin',
Lovin' might be a mistake but it's worth makin',
Don't let some hell bent heart leave you bitter,
When you come close to sellin' out reconsider,
Give the heavens above more than just a passing glance,
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance.

I hope you dance....I hope you dance.
I hope you dance....I hope you dance.
(Time is a wheel in constant motion always rolling us along,
Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder where those years have gone.)

I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean,
Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens,
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance,
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance.

Dance....I hope you dance.
I hope you dance....I hope you dance.
I hope you dance....I hope you dance..
(Time is a wheel in constant motion always rolling us along
Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder where those years have gone)

No comments:

Post a Comment