Friday 3 August 2012

LOVE N FEET’


Hey loves’ i am really trying to get with the flow n i kindah figured a post each week is just about it, remember i still have a day job. Anyhow...this is me’ imperfect me with a heart so heavy.....’ so let me vent’ i feel like am missing out on so much waiting for this guy i created only in my head. Seriously i need to wake up from this slumber i am in or watch and wait as life passes me by. I just want spontaneity: is that too much to ask? I think every damsel who settles for any dude who smiles at her isn’t doing herself justice ‘ i want my toes to curl when i think of my man’ i want to be so deeply entwined in love that the thought of living without him would drive me insane. There couldn’t possibly be anything wrong with me. Or could there? What am i doing or not doing? What am i or am i not? What do i have or don’t have, that i should or shouldn’t? Too picky; so my friends claim, Too snobbish; some may be forgiven for thinking this! Intimidating; hardly I couldn’t hurt a fly. Too loud; I figure a good hearty laugh adds years to my life. To skinny; perhaps i need to add a few kilos for cupid’s arrow to find its mark. But in all honesty the blame could hardly lie with me! I FIGURE!

So in my moments of solitude here is what i penned’ and speaking of toes’ here are some of my toe photos. For your eyes only’

She hadn’t anyone
There was no one to care
But in her scarred and hidden heart
A girl’s hope still lingered
And when it came to valentine
There was excitement in the air
And as she looked around her
It came to her to dare

To wish for some love
As every other person did
Although the years had taught 
Such treats were not for her
 















A silent prayer went floating
From this forsaken lonely girl
Who’d never felt another’s love
And arms so strong and powerful

Or a lover’s kindly presence
Nor a kiss or an affectionate smile
But from her love starved little heart
Came the thought beguiled

If she only had a companion
With a greater sense of humour and detachment
With character and an individual appearance
One who was self reliant but gentle
Attentive and handsome in a conventional way
A love that wouldn’t fail

So with desperate determination
She wrote a scruffy little note
And left it by her bedside
With a heart so full of hope .........

She dint find the next morning
A knight waiting there
She got her usual lonely self
In the room so bleak ad bare

And as she trudged about her work
Something inside her died
And in those sad despairing eyes
Was lost the girl that tried

Because the light of hope had died there,
The spark had flickered, but now gone:
The need and the asking-
Rebuffed, forlorn, alone

Was there no one there to see it?
Would it have been so hard?
To look about for love
A giant step upon the moon
A miracle for her it seemed

And then on weary feet she turned
Where coloured poises lay and with his last few shillings,
He bought a beautiful bouquet
“It’s for her” he said
She likes pretty things
She looked-and could have sworn
She saw an angel
With purest face, placid air and simple grace
With thought and love and care
Foreseeing all; did her heart melt!

No comments:

Post a Comment