Friday 31 August 2012

BIRTHDAY BLUES BABY........


A week from today...yours truly will be 25 years old....?OMG’
I was going through stuff i wrote when the year began...n i found the piece down here’ i kindah posted it on my face book page....now the year’s almost ending and i feel like i haven’t done enough’ i haven’t lived up to the hype i promised myself i would...........i am yet to meet someone n fall madly in love’ i sincerely want that so much it effin hurts’ there are so many things i feel i am still yet to do...but i couldn’t be happier’ i accomplished something with this blog’ i tapped into a side of me that vivacious and that counts for something at least...doesn’t it? So cheers to me turning 25 and to all September babies.....HBD’ y’all
On matters fashion.......we are going blue. ’the colour of a clear sky’ blue is subtle yet fiery in a nice way...especially when paired with another bright colour like red or pink’ it dazzles........enjoy


“Hello world;
It is a new year all over again.... a new calendar, and if you’re like me, it also means a new mantra, a new set of beliefs to live by and a new and brighter vision.  Funny how time flies by, isn’t it? One minute it’s all about  holiday magic the next its January greys ‘i don call them blues coz blue is such a gorgeous colour, January is more like grey if you ask me...it finally hits you that you are back to life as we know it. It’s like a month full of Mondays’ The best thing about the Christmas period is that for some reason we all forget how hard life really is...we live in this cute bubble with no alarms, no traffic its simply easy like a Sunday morning’
Just the other day i was busy making plans and if my memory serves me right, i was supposed to get my shit together by the time i got to be 25........yeah right ‘I turn 25 come September so am speeding...’am racing fast but not fast enough’....if u know what i mean’ okay am really not trying to beat myself up right now but something’s gotta give’ right.
My Christmas break was awesome to say the least. I enjoyed every bit of it. Every time i caught myself wallowing in boredom i made sure i did something real quick to perk me up. I got to do some of those things i keep wishing i would but never get the guts to. 2012 does look very promising... i haven’t drafted my resolutions yet (i know u must be thinking...that’s lame) trust me it isn’t....It keeps me in check...and if i don’t accomplish some of the things i set out i still do it anyways’ so this year i know two things that will take first and second spot....drum roll’
LOVE; cliché right! But hold it right there! I am a sucker for this thingy called love, especially lately’ my pals think am a hopeless romantic but anyone who knows me well knows am clearly love starved..... Never been totally and completely covered in love’ and that is why i want that so badly. I desire to be in a loving and healthy relationship with someone who i can’t see myself living without. One of my favourite movies “LOVE N OTHER DRUGS’ oooh boy Jake Gyllenhall (total eye candy) says this to Anne Hathaway as the movie is about to end “ you meet so many people in your life; but you meet one person and your life changes forever”  beautiful right? Now tell me who doesn’t want their life to do a 360 when they meet someone who totally completes them? I know i do...
Am listening to Daughtry as i write this and boy do i love this band’ Chris Daughtry would so marry me any day of the week. They make music that is beyond amazing. I listen to Daughtry and all is right with the world again’ I feel incredibly alive and sooooo damn stirred. They are my muse:  my very creative essence... my all time fave happens to be
Home
Staring out into the night, trying to hide the pain
We’re going to the place where love, Feeling good don’t ever cost a thing
And the pain it feels a different kind of pain
Am going home to a place where i belong, where your love is always been enough for me
Not running from, don’t think you got me all wrong
Don’t regret this life you choose for me but these places and this faces are getting old
So am going home, am going home

Beautiful right...when the world seems like too much to handle, i kindah like to have a safe haven’ where i can find solace and serenity and music does that for me. I remember onetime i lost my phone and with it went a 2 year collection of some of the greatest sounds and rhythms ever. I seriously felt like i lost a part of me when i couldn’t reach out for that particular playlist. But with time...I’ve made another one that is more mature and more eccentric coz it’s a mash up of soul, rock, hip hop n all that jazz’
So back to 2012 and back to dreams....  it does sound like such a groovy year’ so am putting on my dancing shoes’ i don’t want to miss the music; i want to listen to every single beat’
Fabulous new year to y’all and listen to the music, i bet it is playing somewhere if you’re keen enough’ i wish you joy, peace and much much love’
Peace Sue”



c/o enter my closet..........isn't she just the epitome of lovely...heart her purse'

i sincerely apoloise for the hands on the hips....overrated'i know...workin on poses'

i keep laughing out loud since my makeover....n it ges to a point where its not pretty' lol

the corsage...cost me 50 Kshs..only' bt i adored it





i just love how she incoprorated the print belt....so chic'

2 comments:

  1. Im in love with the blazer and the pants! happy pre- birthday doll :)

    ReplyDelete