Monday 16 September 2013

WAITING TO EXHALE AND BIRTHDAY WEEKEND


Love Island ... such beauty

feeling all touristy and stuff
Hello munchkins,

okay okay...i know i promised i was gonna stay away, really i was, but the lure of a blank page won me over and here i am writing away at God knows where. if memory serves me right, i promised i was gonna check in with y'all just so know am alive and kicking..lol so this is me doing exactly that ; checking in.

these past few weeks have been a daze. you know how sometimes you are so freaking happy you keep waiting to see if its all been a dream and you might wake up at some point and its all gone. Ring a bell; well something like that.

i don't know whether its because for the first time in a long time i faced my fears or its all thanks to the peace and quiet around me but whatever it is{i can gladly say without a shadow a doubt that i am in a happy place} i do know something is bound to steal my new found joy but am soaking it all in while it lasts.

my 26th birthday was too freaking awesome.  i cant sum it all up but i can try *lol
  • my pal Lu is the biggest highlight;she made it happen and i cant thank her enough
  • meeting warm people who've been so kind to me s/o Kadita and Lydia
  • winning a bottle of crisp white wine with Lu at karaoke...yaaasss
  • our duet singing Smooth operator and Hit the Road Jerk (epic)
  • discovering amazing sites, eateries the whole shebang
  • long solitary walks that allow me to connect 
  • general feeling of peace; being one with body, mind and spirit 
these are just a few of the things that are getting me there to the Zen state of mind. so without further ado i leave you with snippets from my birthday weekend which was one word ; legendary* and amazing bits of the soundtrack to the movie 'Waiting to Exhale

i had the time of my life....
Lucy rocking that floppy...
    Sometimes you'll laugh
Sometimes you'll cry
Life never tells us
The when's or why's
When you've got friends to wish you well
You'll find a point when
You will exhale

love my Dorothy Perkins easy breezy shoes
  
at Gedi Ruins..

nice pose miss Lucy'
strolling in Watamu

faboosh{

happy much

isn't her bag gorge much...ikr

that colour block is fierce...Love it


birthday night;we turnt up,..all the way

the girl with the floppy

birthday outfit..Polka play-suit;


easy breezy..beautiful day

Hearts are often broken
When there are words unspoken
In your soul there's
Answers to your prayers
If you're searching for
A place you know
A familiar face
Somewhere to go
You should look inside yourself
You're halfway there 


feeling so alive..


footprints in the sand......

 
beach posing..

beach posing 2...

beach posing 3


xo loves...poem moment

Waiting To Exhale........
 

Waiting to exhale.
To catch my breath,
on my pillow lay my head.,
here alone on this bed.

To close my eyes,
and drift away,
Away from my reality.
seeking the elusive tranquility.

To not think of my sorrow,
of my coming tomorrow,
I am here waiting to exhale.

I clear my mind,
Try to unwind.
My heart beating faster in my chest,
I can not sleep,
I can not rest.

Yet I go on, turning my head,
the past I must shed.
A new life to begin,
Here in this tired skin,
I wait and wait,
to see what comes of my fate.
I am waiting to Exhale.

No comments:

Post a Comment