Monday 12 November 2012

I AM NOT MY HAIR

Hello dears’

My sincere apologies for being M.I.A last week...i was getting my hustle on: “if yer know what i mean”........ Hustle Hustle Hustle Haaard’ nuff sed’

Lemmi start by saying that i apologize for saying the Rascal Flatts song i named my blog post after a few weeks ago is called Down the broken road...that was a huge oversight on my part, the jam is called Bless the Broken Road. My bestie noticed the error being a huge fan of them and I edited the piece. I also promised i was gonna continue that piece on family....after much thought i kindah figured mama deserved a lot more so I’ll celebrate her well and give her a whole post... Promise to be a little more keen when i post stuff here...hehehe’ no more loose ends’ (pinky swear)

Today its all about hair......Ooh haven’t we all had those really nasty bad hair days when we wished the world would swallow us whole’ i know i have) but somehow managed to get through it. I bet y’all do agree with me on this one. African hair is really hard to style....i tried relaxing mine...it broke off...grew it again...relaxed it’ now it’s so scarce and i am thinking of getting a sweet crop like Malinda Williams. I have been weaving my hair year in year out and the damage is as visible as Naomi Campbell’s hairline....i had good hair...real good hair but then the smooth silky kind we saw on our billboards and tv had a certain allure that made me fall for that...and want to turn my hair into something close to it ‘little did i know.

So i picked a few pics of my hair journey for the last two years....and a few celebrities whose hair stylists i would love to perfom their miracles on my head’lols
plus i had to throw in the ultimate hair mantra by India Arie: 

my absolute fave part

You can shave it off
Like a South African beauty
Got it on lock
Like Bob Marley
You can rock it straight
Like Oprah Winfrey
If its not what's on your head
It's what's underneath and say
HEY....

Tia Mowry....gotta luv a beauty with the bang'

Miss Monica...her side part is to die for'


Taraji P lookin delish'


such a cute bob'
i love my wig'

u don haffi dread to be rasta'
Miss MJB...totally killing it with the blonde'

so neat' Sanaa
my real hair looks somethin like this'
oooh so very Marilyn' j'adore
Emo punk....so cute n sassy' someday...
i hope to get this in the near future.....so chic'


India.Arie - I Am Not My Hair ft. Akon

No comments:

Post a Comment