Friday 14 June 2013

RETRO FUTURE AND A LITTLE PIECE OF HEAVEN'





Hello lovelies’

TGIF! OK am in no shape to be saying cheers to the freaking weekend thanks to my boss who just made tomorrow a work day (aaaargh) Anyhow I keep promising myself I will not gloat; won’t let life get to me…I will be happy just gotta buy me a juicer and turn those lemons to yum lemonade.

So am trying to get some work done here but I keep going round in circles; can’t seem to get anything done. The best thing about my morning today is that am listening to some Life house, Gavin Degraw, and the glorious Emeli Sande. Lord only knows that’s a straight up ticket to musical heaven. Emeli’s song my kind of love’ (don’t ever question that my heartbeat is only for you)…. God please ‘I gotta feel that kind of love before the show is over please! get a grip girl! Sometimes I get carried away and forget that this isn’t a personal diary’ smh .

Moving on swiftly’ Yours truly went for a Fashion event dubbed Retro Future at the 680 Hotel last Saturday night’ I had me one of them rough weeks and really needed to  blow some steam and Retro did that for me. Sometimes I feel I have to do something to stay sane ‘do you guys feel me?‘when the skies are grey and all the doors are closing…I look for a safe haven and I find it next to me. Blame that on an overdose of miss Emeli’ God I heart her. She speaks to me.

So Retro Future was out of this world’ there were designers showcasing a lot of awesome goodies, musical bits and they threw in a dose of poetry ‘and got my evening made. Kudos to the lovely Lilian Mcanyona, Enoch, Jackie and the Kat Model Fam. Y’all rock. Splendid evening that was.

There’s a whole lot of pictures from the event but I picked a select few. The lighting from where I was seated wasn’t all that so it explains the low quality images but am glad I was there to take it all in. Since the event had a retro vibe’ I wore a cute little piece I got the other day on some  retail therapy.It’s a sparkly vintage dress with a Peter Pan Collar that screams girly girl. I love that i got to twirl in it. (sweet) Below I have a shot of the gorgeous Paula Patton wearing a similar dress and an amazing blogger Soraya Cavalho rocking her number.

 I’mma leave y’all with Retro snippets and a song that’s got me feeling all kinds of emotion ‘ EMELI SANDE 'HEAVEN'

Xo SUE


 



  



 




 
 









Emeli Sande…Heaven

Will you recognize me in those flashing lights?

I try to keep my heart beat but i can`t get it right.

Will you recognize when i`m lying on my back?
Something`s gone inside me and i can`t get it back.

Oh heaven,oh heaven i wake with good intentions,but the day it always lasts too long.
Then i`m gone.

Oh heaven,oh heaven i wake with good intentions,but the day it always lasts too long.

Then i`m gonex8

Will you recognize me when i`m stealing from a car.
You`re not gonna like me i`m nothing like before.

Will you recognize me when i lose another friend.
Will you learn to leave me or give me one more try again.

Oh heaven,oh heaven i wake with good intentions,but the day it always lasts too long.
Then i`m gone.

Oh heaven,oh heaven i wake with good intentions,but the day it always lasts too long.

Then i`m gonex8

Oh heaven,oh heaven i wake with good intentions.

You say that you`re away i try but always break cause the day always lasts too long.

Then i`m goneX16

No comments:

Post a Comment