Thursday 6 June 2013

BLOGIVERSARY; TURNING ONE’




 

Hello lovies’


Here I am hoping y’all are okay and getting by just fine this magical June. I am well’ just a little bump here and there but nothing I can’t handle with God in my corner. 


Either the clock is tick tocking real fast or someone isn’t keeping up coz it seems like only yesterday when I was seated behind my office desk feeling crushed and amidst all of it came the thought’   

Start a blog




; An avenue to be one with the world

; A place to vent even if it’s with limits (no t.m.i please)

;A space that has you written all over it


 Ooh and I jumped for joy; brilliant idea that I had been playing with in my head. So sometime in June 2012, I penned my first piece and posted it together with some pictures but I didn’t share it with the world. I guess you can say I was too scared of being shallow up until July when I realized I had nothing to lose. So literally July is when my little baby was born. 


This little space allows me to rant (a lot), laugh, smile, enjoy, breathe and cry (yeah) and that is absolutely nourishing as twisted as that may sound. I love it here’ I just get to be me with no holds barred (well maybe a little) but you get the point. Right!


Promised myself I wasn’t going to be about the statistics; those don’t define me. I just do me and keep at it ‘But I need to know that I’m not speaking to myself (lol! Ok since this is an anniversary lemmi bend the rules and say 90 Google plus followers’ 16 Blog followers and a whopping 7,000 views is pretty darn amazing. (That like a boss moment) lol

 

So being my own worst critic, I do know my blog is child’s play compared to what I’ve seen out there but I continue to grow. No pressure’ every day we all grow a little more. So I promise myself to work blood and sweat and shape this into a beautiful package.

I thank God for that one year, for the smiles that hurt my cheeks, for the moments that took my breathe away, for the nights I cried myself to sleep (don’t we all have those…nasty days aargh), for giving me a platform to be me and above all for being my everything’ (my confidante’ my motivation’ and my joy)


So cheers to Breakaway turning one and to baby stripes getting wider and to y’all amazing peeps who read me. I heart you a little too much and this is for you my loves 
‘Always by my Side’ Sheryl Crow


Enjoy


Xo Sue’



 



Sheryl Crow - Always On Your Side

My yesterdays are all boxed up and neatly put away
But every now and then you come to mind
Cause you were always waiting to be picked to play the game
But when your name was called, you found a place to hide
When you knew that I was always on your side

Well everything was easy then, so sweet and innocent
My demons and my angels reappear
Leavin' only traces of the man you thought I'd be
Too afraid to hear the words I always feared
Leavin' you with only questions all these years

But is there someplace far away, someplace where all is clear
Easy to start over with the ones you hold so dear
Or are you left to wonder, all alone, eternally
This isn't how it's really meant to be
No it isn't how it's really meant to be

Well they say that love is in the air, never is it clear,
How to pull it close and make it stay
Butterflies are free to fly, and so they fly away
And I'm left to carry on and wonder why
Even through it all, I'm always on your side

But is there someplace far away, someplace where all is clear
Easy to start over with the ones you hold so dear
Or are you left to wonder, all alone, eternally
This isn't how it's really meant to be
No it isn't how it's really meant to be

Well they say that love is in the air, never is it clear
How to pull it close and make it stay
Butterflies are free to fly, why do they fly away
Leavin' me to carry on and wonder why
Was it you that kept me wondering through this life
When you know that I was always on your side

No comments:

Post a Comment